Week 1 of NanoWriMo is winding down and that has given me some insight on the project. This week I restarted my novel
Here are some of my random thoughts so far.
- Blogging about NaNoWriMo is pretty fun. It’s nice to see so many people taking the challenge and reading the blogs about it.
- Keep a notepad on your body all day. I love having something to jot down ideas for my novel while I am at work. it only take a second, and I can find time between my tasks.
- Read a lot of blog posts about NaNoWriMo. It’s pretty amazing how far along some people are with their novel and it motivates me to get home and write, even if it is only for a short time.
- Calling the challenge “NaNo” doesn’t appeal to me. Even though it’s shorter and sounds slicker, it doesn’t make much sense.
- Resist the edit urge. Or at least try to!
- Don’t feel too bad about missing a day of writing, especially if you have very little time each day to write.
- Love what you write. It’s no point in winning NaNoWriMo if you hate the end result. I’d rather fail by 10 000 words than produce something I’m not proud of.
Updated word count on Day 7: 3151/11666
It’s just past noon and I’ve written almost a thousand words today. My goal for today is 3000, which I just might make. Fingers crossed that I don’t hit a wall.
Also, I took this beautiful picture when I ducked outside for some fresh air.